Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Out of the Mouth's of Babes

I was thinking today just how wonderful our children are and in particular, how truly blessed I am to have the daughter that I have. Throughout the 19 years of her life so far, there have of course been many up's n down's just as there are in any parents relationship with their children, I'm quite sure that many parents can sympathize with the notion that there have been times when I could have rung the lil buggers neck and yet still, I wouldn't change her for the whole world, the whole universe even.

She is my little Princess, my reason for living, my driving force, my everything.

With all this in mind, it pains me deeply to hear and read that there are people out there in the world that would actually hurt them and worse, how can anyone possibly sink so low as to hurt a child? It belies belief in a so called civilized world that such things happen but the truth is we are not civilized, in fact we are nowhere near civilized for a civilized being does not kill for pleasure, or to satisfy a lust for fashion, or rape, or maim or murder or ultimately corrupt innocence.

Gandhi summed it all up perfectly I feel when he was asked what he thought of western civilization, he said that he thought it would be a very good idea. I don't think he was wrong on that one but I feel that perhaps he didn't go far enough, I think he should have been more global in his statement.

He also said that a countries level of civilization can be assessed by the way that it treats it's animals and again, I don't think he's wrong on that. It brings to mind the Canadians for example and the way those heartless bastard's go out clubbing those poor defenceless harp seals to death for their pelts, in order that some dumb animal can wear them on her back.

Madness? Of course, Civilized? Definitely not.....

But anyway, as usual I digress once again. With all of the horrors of the world aside, I did actually set out to write about the beautiful souls that are our beloved children so this post is aimed at celebrating them. It is also dedicated to every child everywhere, it is a celebration of their innocence, their fragility, their sense of fun, their vitality and the unconditional love that they give us in return. I truly hope with all of my heart that one day, we can all live in a world that is free of the sick predators that attempt to corrupt and destroy these little lives that we hold so precious.

As an example of the joys children can bring, I would like to bring to your attention, something that I read on a site today that is a perfect example of how wonderfully entertaining our kids can actually be, it made me laugh and it made me smile but above all, it emphasized perfectly the innocence that is a child. I've included it below for all to read and in so doing, I honour my wonderful daughter....


A first grade teacher collected well-known proverbs. She gave each child in her class the first half of a proverb, and had them come up with the rest. Their insight may surprise you.

Better to be safe than ....Punch a 5th grader.

Strike while the.....Bug is close.

It's always darkest before....Daylight Savings time.

Never underestimate the power of.....Termites.

You can lead a horse to water but ....how?

Don't bite the hand that ....looks dirty.

No news is....impossible.

A miss is as good as a .....Mr.

You can't teach an old dog new....maths.

If you lie down with dogs, you....stink in the morning.

Love all, trust .....me.

The pen is mightier than the....pigs.

An idle mind is....the best way to relax.

Where there's smoke there's ....Pollution.

Happy the bride who.....gets all the presents.

A penny saved is....not much.

Two's company, three's....the Musketeers.

Don't put off till tomorrow what....you put on to go to bed.

Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, cry and ....you have to blow your nose.

None are so blind as....Helen Keller.

Children should be seen and not....spanked or grounded.

If at first you don't succeed....get new batteries.

You get out of something what you....see pictured on the box.

When the blind leadeth the blind....get out of the way.



Nuff said.... isn't that truly wonderful?

4 Comments:

At 9:02 pm, Blogger Scout and Sage said...

19 year old daughter.. This explains your insanity :) Explains my father's too.. or it could be your both English.

As far as the clubbing of seals goes.. I, personally, thing they should be humanely shot. (I thought that's how seal hunting WAS done in the maritimes, but I could be wrong!)

Y'see, due to overfishing of European nations, there's not enough fish in the great banks to feed the seal population, so those seals would starve to death. Its considered, the in eyes of most Canucks (we the wacky), that its better to put an animal out of its misery quickly and humanely than let it die slowly and painfuly.

We are trying to fix the problem of the imbalance in the Great banks, but there are European countries who aren't respecting the fishing limitations and are continuing to fish madly and without consideration. I've long rallied we should take all the Newfoundland fishing boats that are out of work, put missle launchers on them and send them out to patrol Canadian waters.

But then, I'm told I'm a bit "over enthusiastic" and "vindictive" :)

 
At 12:33 am, Blogger Al said...

Insane? Moi?

Re the seals though, Personally, I can only go by what I know from viewing the footage that we get to see here in the UK showing how the seals are actually terminated.

The fact is that they die a slow & horrible death anyway, they are cruelly bludgeoned first before finally being dispatched via the pointed end of an ice pick through the skull as they writhe in agony upon the ice waiting to die.

What hurts me is that these seals actually come up to the hunters with no fear at all, assuming that the men with the sticks & clubs simply want to play. It's then that they find out otherwise when they are suddenly, & very violently bludgeoned with the aforementioned clubs & ice picks.

Apparently, the ice picks through the skull are used purely so as not to ruin the pristine white pelts themselves, since your average fashion model doesn't like to see holes in their coats, where there shouldn't be holes.

As someone with an almost Buddhist outlook on life, I myself would prefer that they actually weren't killed at all, either humanely or otherwise & irrespective of whether fishing quota's were being met or not. In my view, Mankind has raped & pillaged the planet for long enough now anyway, that is precisely why there are hardly any fish left & that the seals are starving in the first place.

It may sound strange but Buddhist scripture would have you believe that there is a point in a souls travel, where that soul chooses it's next incarnation. IF that is true then the seals chose theirs in order to perhaps repay a Karmic debt of some kind.

In so saying, it is my personal belief that they should be left to live until the natural end of their lives, however long that may be, without the intervention of some heartless, ice pick wielding thug trying to get rich on the greed of the fashion industry.

In closing, if I had my way Lorna, I'd actually back you up on the missile launcher plan & blow every single boat, fishermen & seal hunter right outta the water & then leave them to the mercy of the killer whales.

Let's see how they like being helpless & butchered.

But then, I'm told I'm a bit "Over enthusiastic & Vindictive" as well. ;-)

 
At 9:37 am, Blogger Scout and Sage said...

Yeah - okay, anyone who hunts for fur in this day and age of fake fur which is SOFTER than the real thing should be skinned for THEIR pelt. In the same manner. Hmm. Maybe my blood thirsty nature can see your karmic counterpoint. (I think I'd make a terrible Buddhist, but I can appreciate their views and ways of life!)

Animals are our younger siblings, and we should take care of them.. not abuse them and take advantage of them. *Sigh* But you know this and I'm preaching to the choir!

 
At 1:26 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hiya lonewolf-xo
ere is mah cheesy as hell omg piczo site lol-xo
www.annzy92.piczo.com -xo
plz leave meh a message kk-xo
u will prob laff @ wot it looks lyk wen u c it-xo
love-xo
spanner-xo
ps.plz say hi 2 banister 4 meh-xo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home